Re: Expanding the scope (slightly) of dla-needed.txt

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> In any event, I am happy to work towards reinitializing the Salsa issues
> experiment to start again in April and then see how it goes from there.
>
> What do you think?

It's a pity that nobody else responded... I'm no longer involved in
day-to-day LTS work, but I believe this would be beneficial. Both
in terms of efficiency of the workflow, and in terms of indirectly
adding data that lets us analyze how we are performing (because
tickets are easier to introspect to make statistics about how long
we took to complete some update).

> There are also opportunities for improvement that follow from this. For
> instance, with proper use of tags, it would be possible to update the
> security tracker code so that when you are looking at the status page
> for a package, there is a section with links to Salsa issues from
> lts-team/lts-update-tasks related to that packages.

I assume this implies some per-package tags... I wonder if gitlab can
reasonably cope with several hundreds of tags. I would be tempted to just
rely on title parsing but that's details.

  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋    The Debian Handbook: https://debian-handbook.info/get/
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀   Debian Long Term Support: https://deb.li/LTS