Debian LTS and ELTS -- February 2024

Hi,

I was working mostly on runc this month, backporting the patches to fix
and harden runc in Buster against CVE-2021-43784 and CVE-2024-21626,
issueing DLA 3735-1.

I also prepared the same patchset for runc for ELTS because it seemed
that the version from Buster had been uploaded to Stretch. However, I
couldn't find the version of runc that is in Git (and prepared for
Stretch) in any Stretch repository, and then ran out of time. Thus, I
have not gone any further there yet.

I also checked again cairosvg and CVE-2023-27586, which I had
originally examined back in April last year. Due to my recent findings,
that I reported, I did not go forward.

Thanks to Freexian and Freexian's sponsors for making these projects
possible: <https://www.freexian.com/lts/debian/#sponsors>.

Regards, Daniel