Debian LTS and ELTS - December 2023

Here is my public monthly report.

Thanks to our sponsors for making this possible, and to Freexian for
handling the offering.
https://www.freexian.com/lts/debian/#sponsors

LTS

- Front Desk (week 48, December half)
  - Mark 5 packages for update
  - Triage or precise triage for <10 CVEs
  - Tidy golang-1.11 buster triage

- cacti
  - Continue triaging CVEs growing backlog, for buster
  - Identify 2 incorrect bullseye patches, coordinate with package maintainer
  - Precise stable triage for <10 CVEs

ELTS

- Front-Desk
  - Associate CVEs from newer, branched Debian packages with different
    names to older ELTS packages (cfengine*, golang*)
  - Mark 2 supported packages for update
  - Identify incorrect CVE in ELA-997-1/python3.5

- freerdp [v1]
  - Continue triaging CVEs backlog (synchronized with freerdp2 2 months ago)
  - Fix regression in past CVE-2020-11096 fix
  - Update and testing setup in progress

Documentation and tooling

- Provide feedback on various internal tasks
  (lts-do-call-me/lts-do-not-call files handling, ELTS support for
  gnupg1 and binutils, documentation tooling configuration)

- Open task to check the CVE list consistency in data/DLA/list and
  data/ELA/list
  https://salsa.debian.org/lts-team/lts-extra-tasks/-/issues/61

- Propose action to handle stable-security private build logs
  https://salsa.debian.org/lts-team/lts-extra-tasks/-/issues/51
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2023/12/msg00024.html

- Help on (non-LTS) debian-security list
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2023/12/msg00008.html

- Documentation
  - Development: dereference website updates instructions which got automated
    https://lts-team.pages.debian.net/wiki/Development.html
  - TestSuites: new xfreerdp entry
    https://lts-team.pages.debian.net/wiki/TestSuites/xfreerdp.html

- Jitsi team meeting