Re: (E)LTS improved salsa pipeline support

On 17/03/2023 19:39, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
The result is an improved pipeline with better support for both LTS and
ELTS. [1]

Great work Emilio!

It would be nice to have all this properly documented in
https://lts-team.pages.debian.net

Ack, I can add something to the testing section of the development page.

I'm also curious to know if you think that some of your changes are
upstreamable, and how hard you expect this to be to stay in sync with the
upstream pipeline project?

atm there are a bunch of changes/hacks I had to do in order to support jessie. However backporting minor fixes should be alright as most of our changes are not too intrusive. Major changes that change how things are built may need a bit more work, e.g. the changes in [1] come to mind.

Is it worth to document some of your design choices in case someone else
has to work on this?

Yes, I can add a README.LTS file to the repository. Also there are some changes I still want to make to simplify our diff and to get more stuff upstreamed.

Cheers,
Emilio