Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 3676-1] horizon security update

On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 12:48:19AM +0100, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 23:59:28 +0100, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> > Debian LTS Advisory DLA-3676-1                debian-lts@lists.debian.org
> > https://www.debian.org/lts/security/                       Guilhem Moulin
> > November 30, 2023                             https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> Crap, that should have been DLA-3678-1…  Should I resend a new mail with
> the correct ID?

Yes, I would recommend two things. First, re-send the announcement with
an updated subject line:

[SECURITY] [DLA 3678-1] horizon security update - CORRECTED ANNOUNCEMENT

Use the same message text, but include a small bit at the top. Perhaps
something along the lines of:

==========
NB: the original message sent included the wrong DLA reference ID. This
message corrects the reference ID in the subject line. Everything else
about the content of the former message, including the CVEs identified
as fixed and the version of the package in which they are fixed, remains
the same.
==========

I would also reply to the original (incorrect) message, addressing the
reply debian-lts-announce@, with a note along the lines of:

The DLA reference ID in this announcement was incorrect. The correct
reference ID is DLA-3678-1. A new announcement has been sent under the
correct reference ID.

Regards,

-Roberto

--