Debian LTS and ELTS -- September 2023

Hello,

This was my third month working on LTS and ELTS.  Thank you to Freexian
and Freexian's sponsors for making these projects possible:
    <https://www.freexian.com/lts/debian/#sponsors>

LTS

- flac

  - Released DLA-3581-1 fixing CVE-2020-22219.

- ncurses

  - Released DLA-3586-1 fixing CVE-2020-19189.

  - Updated the security tracker's data regarding a number of other CVEs
    that were already fixed in buster.

- open-vm-tools

  - Applied fix for CVE-2023-20900 to our git repository and requested
    testing on the LTS team mailing list.  As testing requires an OpenVZ
    setup, it would be a lot more efficient for someone who already has
    one handy to do the testing.

- qemu

  - Applied fixes for CVE-2020-24165, CVE-2023-0330 and CVE-2023-3180.

    DLA not yet released because I have one more thing to test.

  - Worked through other postponed CVEs and determined that no others
    were applicable at present, either because upstream hasn't fixed it
    yet or it's a minor issue not likely to be worth the testing effort.

  - Added a few useful links to our testing notes for qemu.

- debchange is Debian's tool for generating entries in debian/changelog.

  I committed a change to set urgency=high for LTS uploads, to automate
  away a minor papercut for other LTS contributors.  Indeed, I realised
  that I had been forgetting to change this from the default
  urgency=medium for my own LTS uploads.

- I had to send my apologies for this month's LTS IRC meeting.

ELTS

- ncurses

  - Released ELA-967-1 fixing CVE-2020-19189.

--
Sean Whitton