Debian LTS report for August 2023

In August I spent time on coordinating the samba support scope between Freexian and the security team. I updated and tested the samba package to the updated support scope. The summary of the situation was posted on the debian-lts mailing list [0].

I also worked on the functional test framework. During my tests I found a encoding bug in ansible's libvirt connection plugin, which I reported and fixed [1]. I have also packported rhsrvany to bookworm-backports [2] to ease usage in bookworm.

Thanks to our sponsors for financing this work, and to Freexian for
coordinating!

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2023/08/msg00027.html
[1] https://github.com/ansible-collections/community.libvirt/issues/156
    https://github.com/ansible-collections/community.libvirt/pull/157