Re: [buster] CVE-2022-46871: libusrsctp maybe backporting a new version ?

Hi Bastien

Thank you for brining this up. We should also consider the severity of
the problem.
>From what i understand the worse case problem is a "use after free"
vulnerability.
The source is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libusrsctp/+bug/2015448

I would say this is quite minor.

I know I added it for buster, but that was just following the decision
for bullseye. With the information you provide about the porting
complexity and binary interface compatibility problem I would say I
think we should ignore it instead.

SCTP is not the most common protocol for mozilla I guess either.

Please let me know what you think.

You mention rebuild all reverse dependencies. Well I do not find any
within Debian.
This makes it even less important to fix it.

ola@buster-lts:~/build$ apt-rdepends -r libusrsctp1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libusrsctp1
  Reverse Depends: libusrsctp-dev (= 0.9.3.0+20190127-2)
  Reverse Depends: libusrsctp-examples (= 0.9.3.0+20190127-2)
libusrsctp-dev
libusrsctp-examples
ola@buster-lts:~/build$ apt-rdepends -r libusrsctp-dev
Reading package lists... Done