(E)LTS and Debian report for March 2023

Hi,

I am funded by Freexian SARL and thus reporting about my work in
March 2023.

(E)LTS
======

I issued a regression update for my previous security update of sox for
all suites. Thanks to the security team for coordination and doing the
stable part.

I issued a security update for joblib to all suites older than bookworm.

Debian funding
==============

With help from Emilio Pozuelo Monfort I authored a DEP draft for
improving the support for directory aliasing in dpkg. You can find it at
https://salsa.debian.org/dep-team/deps/-/merge_requests/5

I uploaded a final borgbackup2 updating to beta5 with a few other fixes.

Debian
======

As usual, I continued maintaining rebootstrap. At this time, this is
mainly communication, reviewing patches and checking builds. loong64 was
the biggest cause for changes. In March, I sent patches for 22 cross
build failures in unstable. I identified a serious problem #1033167 in
usrmerge and proposed a patch. I proposed a patch #1033291 for
autopkgtest to enable using autopkgtest-virt-qemu on images created by
debvm-create.

Helmut