Re: Asterisk: request for testing

Hi Bernhard,

Am Dienstag, dem 25.10.2022 um 17:56 +0000 schrieb Schmidt, Bernhard:
> Hi Markus,
>
> thanks for taking care of this. I've installed your packages on our
> company PBX. ~500 phones connected using SIP/TLS and SRTP.

Thank you for testing!

> - There are a lot of changed configuration files, so there are a lot of
> conffile prompts (probably not easy to be solved, unless you revert all
> configs to the one shipped in 16.2.1)

Indeed that was one of my concerns. I'm not sure if this can or should be
avoided because the configuration changes are partly security related and users
should only diverge from them after careful examination in my opinion.

> - Our inbound DID trunks are using pjsip and they did not work anymore.
> This is a known upstream change

> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-29017
>
> I have to admit I don't fully get the upstream response here. I just
> need TLSv1.2, so adding
>
> method=tlsv1_2
>
> to the transport in pjsip.conf fixed it for me.

I could patch the pjsip.conf file and change the method back to tlsv1_2 and
mention it in our security announcement thus existing setups would continue to
function.

> I will keep it running this way and report back tomorrow.

Thanks!

Markus