Re: EOL candidates for security-support-ended.deb10 (OpenStack support)

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 03, 2022 at 11:54:28AM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> OpenStack: we tend not to support openstack beyond upstream's support

My statement was influenced by the OpenStack 2020 EOL in jessie:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-security-support/-/merge_requests/3
"Jessie lost support fom upstream just a few weeks after the release."
 (https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2015/11/msg00024.html)
based on a 2015 conversation with zigo, which evidently is obsolete :)

On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 12:17:36AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> All packages contain unit test at build time, so it's kind of safe to
> backport patches. If needed, I can do a setup from scratch if needed.

Thanks for all your inputs.  We would certainly welcome instructions
on how to setup a testing OpenStack environment for LTS updates, which
could be documented at https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/TestSuites
Is that what you offered?

On Sat, Aug 06, 2022 at 11:10:00AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> If we take this decision, I'd like to announce it on the
> openstack-discuss list, so let's make it clear what route we're
> taking.

As pochu mentioned, we normally support packages in LTS unless there's
a solid reason /not/ to, and reading this conversation we appear to be
in capacity of supporting OpenStack Rocky packages in buster LTS.

Cheers!
Sylvain Beucler
Debian LTS Team