Re: Support for ckeditor3 in Debian

Hi all,

On 12/05/2022 08:35, Mike Gabriel wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 12:31:46PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
On 08/05/2022 21:17, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
Now, php-horde-editor is the only rdepends of ckeditor3.

IMHO we need to do a re-evaluation of the current CVEs for ckeditor to
see which affect ckeditor3 as well and in partiular try to get a
picture how those known to affect ckeditor3 impact php-horde-editor.
Some might be for instance negligible in context of php-horde-editor
specifically.

Just an idea, and not necessarily right now already the security team
general, and only to be considered if an issue impacts
php-horde-editor.

This sounds good to me.

To get a clearer view, I associated ckeditor CVEs to ckeditor3, excluding those that are clearly specific to v4 or v5, and marking them <not-affected> when possible:
https://salsa.debian.org/security-tracker-team/security-tracker/-/commit/9a55e943bca823e36337c8b47cd65adcf0405fd4

I think all vulnerabilities apply to ckeditor3 in the context of php-horde-editor, as I didn't witness any particular limitation in the way it's loaded.

A few of them can be fixed, most of them (as with ckeditor4) are too unclear, and (unlike ckeditor4) we don't have the option to bump to a new upstream release.

I believe we can either mark ckeditor3 as end-of-life, or maybe add it to debian-security-support:security-support-limited (best effort), what do you think?

Cheers!
Sylvain Beucler
Debian LTS Team