(E)LTS and Debian report for November 2022

Hi,

I am funded by Freexian SARL and thus reporting about my work in
November 2022.

LTS
===

I issued DLA-3204-1 for vim and DLA-3214-1 for libraw. These took care
of all outstanding issues including no-dsa ones at the time of their
release.

ELTS
====

I finished my work on the glibc update, which was issued for LTS in
October and issued ELA-724-1 and ELA-725-1 for stretch and jessie. All
remaining issues including no-dsa ones are now addressed or marked as
ignored due to the involved trade-off in possibly breaking applications
versus fixing something (e.g. ABI breaks).

I also issued ELA-740-1 and ELA-741-1 for vim in stretch and jessie and
reduced the amount of no-dsa issues there as well.

I was working on libraw in September and October already, but jessie was
left with a number of open issues. I issued ELA-744-1 for jessie to take
care of most no-dsa issues. This work would only conclude in December
though, so stay tuned for the next report.

I supported Stefano with diagnosing build failures of postgresl-9.6.

Debian
======

During my usual rebootstrap maintenance, I started supporting loong64.
For cross build failures I filed 45 patches. qt/kde was still playing a
significant role here. I also NMUed readline, participated in the CTTE
meeting, helped figure out the impact of the permission problem in
-dbgsym packages and proposed a patch for removing libtool-bin from
dh-lua.

Helmut