Re: Lintian errors on ffmpeg

On Wed, May 04, 2022 at 12:02:57PM +0200, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:

> The rationale about that change (or rather the decision about how to fix
> broken lintian image/job) is here, after input by lechner:
> https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/-/merge_requests/347#note_303815
>
> Ideally, I would expect lintian be clever enough to analyse the package
> according to the target release. But that's not the case, and I can
> image that's not a simple solution, so we are seeing errors like this
> you are reporting.
>
> Is the current lintian behaviour in Salsa CI broken?
> Should the lintian job run the lintian version found in ${RELEASE}?

Ok, I'll step out of the conversation on what the Salsa CI should do.

As a takeaway point about my specific issue I'll ignore those specific
lintian errors on ffmpeg for now.

I also won't add lintian overrides for them, unless someone tells me
that those errors would cause an upload to be rejected.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>