Re: MariaDB security vulnerabilities

Dear Otto,

thanks for providing this valuable information.

Providing new binaries in LTS release can potentially break some
stuff. But if both
10.1 and 10.3 can co-exist, it could be an option.

Another problem is that 10.3 provides a new ABI (libmariadb19 instead
of libmariadb18), so
basically the rebuilding of all dependent binaries is needed (some
kind of transition). It is unlikely
possible as a security-only-support version.

Anyway, I have added mariadb-10.1 into the dla-needed.txt just to keep
it on track. But I am
not really sure that backporting of 10.3 will be a reality.

Best regards

Anton