Re: Propose to ignore libxstream-java CVEs

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, dem 23.09.2021 um 19:40 +0200 schrieb Anton Gladky:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I have applied your patch and the pipelines are passed [1]. So, at least
> nothing breaks from the "build side of view".

thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

I have just uploaded a new security update of libxstream-java that enables the
whitelist by default. I added jsap, jajuk, jodconverter, jmeter and tiles-
autotag to the whitelist to allow de-serialization whenever classes from these
packages are involved. Thus we don't need to patch these packages. For bookworm
and unstable I intend to patch the affected packages though or package new
upstream releases to address the problem. I have already fixed jsap and filed
an upstream bug report for jajuk.

I have ignored the following packages because they are either not affected (no
de-serialization), don't have any reverse-dependencies, don't use the xstream
code directly or use the whitelist already.

groovy
easyconf
jodreports
natbraille
libspring-oxm-java
libspring-instrument-java
activemq
uima-as
maven-war-plugin
powermock

I will contact the security team and propose the same fix for Buster and
Bullseye soon.

Regards,

Markus