Firmware-nonfree update for buster?

Hi firmware-nonfree maintainers

I have a question from an LTS perspective about the possible security updates we have for the firmware-nonfree package.

You can find them here:
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/firmware-nonfree

I can see that all the related CVEs are marked as no-dsa for buster, simply because there is no security support for the non-free section. This rule also applies to LTS but with the exception of the firmware-nonfree package.

My questions to you are the following:
1) Do you think any of the listed CVEs are important enough to warrant an upload to buster and/or stretch?
2) Do you plan to do this for buster?
3) Would you mind if some LTS developer does such an upload for buster?

Having a later version in oldstable (compared to stable) is not a good practice so if any of them are important we should update both oldstable and stable.

Thank you in advance,

// Ola

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |