Re: Upgrade problems from LTS -> LTS+1

Hi

Should we try to automate the detection of such issues? It should be fairly easy to do.
Package renaming complicates the checks but on the other hand if the package is renamed the issue is not as big anymore.

// Ola

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 10:55, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 05:53:15PM +0530, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> Whilst I'll fix this for stretch (already sponsored the upload for
> buster), there are more such bugs for stretch -> buster (eg: [1] (->
> fixed already), etc. Maybe we should keep an eye on such issues and
> while we're doing DLAs, we can take care of -pu uploads, at least if
> the versions are the same for LTS and LTS+1 so we don't run into
> these?

yes, please.

else (if we break upgrades like this) LTS will start looking at lot less good :(

--
cheers,
        Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |