Supporting unbound in stretch by upgrading to 1.9

Hi Security Team,

The LTS project would like to keep supporting 'unbound', for which security support was dropped last May (DSA 4694-1), IIRC due to the risks of maintaining a version that was not supported upstream anymore.

The plan we identified is to backport buster's versions (1.9.0-2+deb10uX), along with rebuilding 3 reverse dependencies (getdns/gnutls28/opendkim) to use the newer libunbound8, which appears backward-compatible. The version scheme could be 1.9.0-2+deb10uX~deb9uY.

Would you be OK with this plan?

(Adding maintainer Robert Edmonds in Cc: as well, in case we missed a blocking issue.)

Cheers!
Sylvain Beucler
Debian LTS Team