Re: Advice for DLA needed entry

On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 12:03:05AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Adrian

Hi Ola,

> If we keep it in dla-needed we will constantly have people like me who
> think that something should be done when it is not claimed.
> Should we write your name on the claim (because you do in practice have it
> claimed, but the problem here is that it will be a long claim, but that is
> not an issue if you keep adding notes) or should we write a fake claim like
> [semi-claimed pending buster backport] as claim name?

   NOTE: 20201129: buster-pu in #975932, will backport when in buster (bunk)

This is my note from November, and this is a fake claim.

Before you've added your notes a month later this was the last note,
and if you did not look at the bug before doing anything else that's
something you should learn a lesson from.

Usually people ask when a note is unclear.

To avoid duplicate work, usually people ask before working on a package
someone else seems to have worked on before.

> Cheers
>
> // Ola

cu
Adrian