Re: Upcoming compatibility problem of oldstable (and older) vs. certificates from Let's Encrypt

On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 06:33:28PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> Thanks for bringing this up, indeed it's worth fixing.
> I can reproduce the issue on jessie and stretch (starting 2021-10-01), but
> not on buster/oldstable.
>
> I'll further look into this issue.

Hi Sylvain,
looking a tiny bit at changelog for gnutls buster it looks like the backport was already done :)

3.6.7-4+deb10u5

the _16 + _17 patches from the description sound like what i understand the fix is (explore alternative verification paths...)

While not talking about Let's Encrypt specifically same case it seems.

Assuming that confirms buster/oldtable should be just fine.
I just noticed my previous mail was a bit wrong. buster apparently only contained libssl1.1 (and not also libssl1.0.2 additionally).

Stefan