Re: CVE-2020-36193 php-pear vs drupal7

On 25/02/2021 10:09, Chris Lamb wrote:
Morning Ola,

Today I looked at CVE-2020-36193 since we have php-pear in dla-needed.
Ths thing is that this CVE tells that drupal7 is also vulnerable but
drupal7 is not in dla-needed.txt.

It may be that drupal7 was not marked as being vulnerable to
CVE-2020-36193 at the time of triage. After all, the code copy of
Tar.php (in "system.tar.inc") is very slightly hidden. I would go
ahead and add drupal7 as well -- a very quick glance suggests that it
is, indeed, vulnerable.

Also please coordinate with drupal7's maintainer (in Cc), who has been taking care of the package in stretch.

Thanks,
Emilio