Re: Update of OpenVSwitch in Stretch

Hi Thomas,

> There's been some serious security issues in OVS recently. My
> recommendation to the LTS team would be to simply upgrade to the latest
> point release for the given distribution. For example, Stretch has
> 2.6.2~pre+git20161223-3. I would advise upgrading to 2.6.10. Anything
> older than Stretch doesn't have any upstream support.

This is a good idea. My only concern, of course, is regarding
regressions — the diff between the two upstream tarballs in question
is 156MB, although from a quick glance this is admittedly mostly test
and autotools related changes.

Can you vouch for upstream making sensible/reasonable decisions
between these minor releases? That would be necessary for a
hypothetical 2.6.11 too.

      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      lamby@debian.org 🍥 chris-lamb.co.uk