Re: Supporting unbound in stretch by upgrading to 1.9

Hi,

On 25/01/2021 10:23, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
Reading the exchanges, a few quick questions:

- unbound does not seem to maintain any stable/parallel branches.
Before we start, does it make sense to bump to 1.9.6/1.10.1, or will we get the same supportability issue (stability+security) right after? (AFAIU upstream only supports the latest release, and I read from Robert about some users preferring buster-backports')

- Do we/I need to also coordinate with the Debian Release Team
(in addition to the Debian Security Team)?

We'd like to reach a conclusion on whether to follow this proposal.
Let me know if you need further information/action/testing on my part.

FYI I'm not tracking this anymore, and LTS is considering other options.

Thanks for your input,
Sylvain