How to backport test binaries?

Hello,

On several occasions, I've seen that fixing commits of CVEs have some
sort of binaries (either an image or some compressed file or whatever)
added as a test to ensure that the fix is indeed working as expected.

And whilst trying to backport, the patches don't seem to like git
binaries and so they complain with:
```git binary diffs are not supported```

How do we work around that? Do we not backport these binaries and just
test the upstream way? I'd like to backport such binaries but unsure
how to. Let me know how do y'all deal with this.

- u