Re: How to handle an update that includes a regression fix and a new fix?

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 07:20:20AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Make a regular DLA with a note that it also contained a regression fix.

that.

> Alternatively we issue two DLAs referring to the same software version.

please try to avoid that, it doubles the work for quite some users. (those
who have processes to evaluate & test deployments before rolling them out.)

also I don't see any real gain issueing two DLAs for one update. it's also
more work for us.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁       holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄