Re: Call for help on testing ceph

Hi LTS team and fellow ceph maintainers

I have prepared an updated package of ceph with fixes for a few CVEs. It took me longer time than I expected due to the cheer size of the package build and compile time.
I have based the fixes on upstream patches or patches done for jessie.
The patches I based the fixes on had to be modified for the package to build. They are quite straight forward, but as always I could make a mistake.
More information on what I did is available in my preliminary monthly report here:
https://inguza.com/report/debian-long-term-support-work-2020-september

What I would like to know is whether you know of any good methods of testing ceph in order to verify that the package works as it should.

Thank you in advance.

If you are interested you can look at the build here:

http://apt.inguza.net/stretch-lts/ceph/

The packag build is not signed. I plan to do that when it is properly tested.
When I have tested it, I will upload and remove the files from the above location.

Thank you in advance,

// Ola