[RFC] Proposal: Migrate LTS/TODO wiki page to GitLab issues

Hello fello LTS folks,

I have been discussing with Raphael some things which we can do to
improve the state of the LTS/TODO page in the Debian wiki.  This arose
from part of the discussion during the April LTS Contributors IRC
meeting.

After some back-and-forth discussion I would like to make the following
proposal.

Proposal: Migrate the issues and items from the LTS/TODO page into
GitLab issues on Salsa (in a yet-to-be-created project,
lts-team/lts-extra-tasks).

Rationale: The nature of a wiki makes it suboptimal for managing
discrete work units.  As developers, we are all familiar with
interacting with the Debian BTS and other similar systems (e.g., Jira,
GitHub issues, etc.).  While the Debian BTS would be a natural first
choice, the best mechanism for grouping related issues that do not
belong to a single package is usertags.  However, there is currently not
a way to subscribe to usertags in order to receive notification of new
bugs created with the tag or of existing bugs which have the tag added
to them.  With that in mind, the creation of a new Salsa project for
grouping and managing these issues is the best choice given available
tooling.

Objective: Remove all content from LTS/TODO which can reasonably be
captured in one or more GitLab Salsa issues.  Then, from this point
forward manage non-package-specific LTS tasks as issues within the
lts-team/lts-extra-tasks project.

Please reply with any objections, concerns, comments, or suggestions.

Barring any objections or major unresolved issues between now and then,
I intend to start migrating the content on or after 1st June.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez