Re: Request to delay Jessie end date due to current conditions

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 06:25:27PM -0400, Ariel Shkedi wrote:

> (I apologize if this was already discussed before.)
>
> I would like to request that the end date of Jessie LTS support be delayed
> by 3 months due to current conditions.
>
> I know this means additional work on the volunteers,

Debian LTS is not a volunteer project, it is done by people paid with
money from sponsoring companies.[1]

> but because of current
> conditions many company teams are not able to schedule the necessary time to
> perform this upgrade (and obviously we waited until the last minute.......).

Your company has the opportunity to participate in funding security
support for jessie after June 2020, see [2] for details.

> Thank you for considering this,
> 	-Ariel Shkedi

Yours
Adrian Bunk