Limiting concurrent claims?

Hi,

I regularly see a package claimed while the packager already claimed
others, and then semi-automatically unclaimed after two weeks. Moreover,
the package is then claimed by another packager, which means the initial
work (if any) was useless, and the security update was basically delayed
for no reason (while it's time-sensitive).

Since I see this regularly, I wonder if we should enforce a harder rule
(e.g. 2 at most), or find some other way to curb that trend.

Thoughts?

Cheers!
Sylvain