Re: Regarding package pdns-recursor in Stretch

Hello,

Security support for pdns-recursor ended at 2020-05.
https://www.debian.org/security/2020/dsa-4691

AFAICS it used to be present in stretch, but it was decided to remove it around 2020-07 for this reason:

"Security support has ended upstream, and it'd be better if people wouldn't run DNS servers that have known security bugs (and we are unable to backport those)."

If you want to install it knowing the security implications, you can fetch a past package through http://snapshot.debian.org/ .

Jessie isn't supported anymore by Debian (and pdns-recursor isn't supported in ELTS), I suppose it was handled differently because there was no early EOL.

Cheers!
Sylvain Beucler
Debian LTS Team