Re: gb: ghostscript_9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u7

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 02:08:44PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ghostscript failed to build on armhf for stretch-security:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ghostscript&arch=armhf&ver=9.26a%7Edfsg-0%2Bdeb9u7&stamp=1597941103&raw=0
> "./soobj/dxmainc.o: file not recognized: File truncated"

This is a typical parallel building bug, something is reading dxmainc.o
while something else hasn't yet finished writing it. There is a
dependency between these two missing somewhere in some Makefile.

In buster this is workarounded with
https://sources.debian.org/src/ghostscript/9.52.1%7Edfsg-1/debian/rules/#L33-L36

> I cannot find an explanation for this error, and the package builds
> fine on porterbox abel.debian.org (see
> ~beuc/ghostscript_9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u7_armhf.build), so I suppose a
> transient buildd failure occurred.

Race conditions are rarely always reproducible.

> Cheers!
> Sylvain

cu
Adrian