Re: [RFC] Proposal: Migrate LTS/TODO wiki page to GitLab issues

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 08:52:05AM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:

> Could you lease do make somehwere clear that tough any work on those
> task in almost all (but not all) cases would need to coordinate and
> work together with the other team around. Maybe this is implicitly
> clear, but just want to make sure there is no work vasted.

My recollection as I transferred the content is that the descriptions of
the tasks to complete made mention of the need to coordinate and in many
included links to the BTS, other Salsa issues, and MRs as appropriate.

That said, I will review them once again to ensure that any needed
coordination is made very clear in the issue description.

> Change proposals please also done via merge requests (requested by a
> fork, to make the work-in-progress and later "git split" easier not
> having to handle other branches, altough that comes to a cost of a
> longrunning fork until ready) and/or posting to the security-tracker
> mailinglist.
>
> To not make it seem I'm complaining, I want to point a highly positive
> and very constructive example of such an LTS team contribution done by
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort, which was the "Distro config reuniication"
> work done by him:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/security-tracker-team/security-tracker/-/merge_requests/48

Understood.  Emilio has done an excellent job of demonstrating the sort
of coordination that keeps the process running smoothly.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez