Re: unbound not supported

Hi,

On 08/06/2020 23:13, Brian May wrote:
> I notice that according to DSA-4694, unbound is not supported anymore in
> Stretch.
>
> https://www.debian.org/security/2020/dsa-4694
>
> Does this mean we should also mark it as unsupported in Jessie?

I would say yes (we recently did the same with tor), though maybe you
could check why support was ended in the first place?

(e.g. are the patches particularly hard to backport due to massive code
refactoring, or was it the package maintainer who decided not to bother
with oldstable?)

I'm a bit annoyed that Debian EOL packages with no public rationale.

Cheers!
Sylvain