Re: Jessie update of apt?

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 09:41:51PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> On 14/05/2020 20:18, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> >> I'll take care of announcing the update and preparing the update for website :)

> >> No rush. Let me know once you do that, I'll be happy to take over from there :)
> > It's uploaded, and accepted, and I guess built by now.
>
> The new test appears to fail in jessie (and wheezy, btw), with the new
> apt built and installed:
>
> root@jessie-lts:/usr/src/apt/apt-1.0.9.8.6#
> test/integration/test-github-111-invalid-armember
> ar: creating test.deb
> Test of equality of runapt
> /usr/src/apt/apt-1.0.9.8.6/test/integration/../../build/bin/testdeb
> test.deb … PASS
> ar: creating test.deb
> Test of equality of runapt
> /usr/src/apt/apt-1.0.9.8.6/test/integration/../../build/bin/testdeb
> test.deb … PASS
> Unterminated ar member name
> Test of equality of runapt
> /usr/src/apt/apt-1.0.9.8.6/test/integration/../../build/bin/testdeb
> test.deb … PASS
> ar: creating test.deb
> Test of equality of runapt
> /usr/src/apt/apt-1.0.9.8.6/test/integration/../../build/bin/testdeb
> test.deb …
>  W: Unknown TAR header type 88
> +E: Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
> FAIL
>
> or
> +E: Sub-process gzip received signal 2.
> FAIL
>
> Is this expected?

Yes! It's probably just gzip SIGPIPING, but it does not matter to
the test at hand. Given that the test suite is next to impossible
to run (it timed out after 90 minutes on salsa, I cancelled it
after like an hour on the laptop), I did not bother investigating
further whether its a persistent issue or not. [1]

We got the W: we were looking for, so all is good.

[1] On xenial on travis, it ran in 7 minutes, but had plenty more
failures.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en