Re: Jessie update of ceph?

On Wed, 2020-04-08 at 10:48 +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Dear maintainer(s),
>
> The Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Jessie version of ceph:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/ceph
>
> Would you like to take care of this yourself?
[...]

Note that the fix for CVE-2018-1128 requires an incompatible change to
the authentication protocol, which means both clients and servers would
need to be updated (if authentication is actually used).

I backported the required changes in the Linux kernel's ceph client as
far as 4.9, but introduced a bug in the process (since fixed).  At that
point I decided not to backport them any further, but can have a go if
someone sets up an updated server to test against.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Time is nature's way of making sure that