Re: closing bugs in security uploads and the BTS

On Thu, 2020-02-20 at 17:43 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-02-20 at 17:09 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> [...]
> > sec-master doesn't send mail to the bts. So currently one has to
> > close bugs manually. Or maybe we can change the archive software to
> > do something else.
> >
> > as this is also the case for stable-security, where such bugs only
> > get closed at pointreleases,
>
> Is it though?  The packages are copied to -proposed-updates
> immediately after they're released to -security, and I think that
> closes bugs.

Basically. They're copied to stable-new and the bugs get closed when
the package is accepted to p-u by SRM.

However, the BTS doesn't know about packages in p-u, so much of the
state there is only really useful once the packages are actually in
stable.

Regards,

Adam