Re: Jessie update of cyrus-sasl2?

Hi Roberto,

On  Fr 20 Dez 2019 16:36:05 CET, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 01:06:39PM +0100, Mike Gabriel wrote:
Dear maintainer(s),

The Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
currently open in the Jessie version of cyrus-sasl2:
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2019-19906

Would you like to take care of this yourself?

Hi Mike,

I had intended to take care of this, but it seems you have already done
it.  Thanks for your help.

Did you encounter any issues that might concern making the update or
applying the patch in stretch or buster versions of cyrus-sasl?

Regards,

-Roberto

In fact, I have upgrade my jessie-mailserver with the fix and it seems to be all good.

However, I am not 100% sure, if my setup (cyrus-imap + postfix via saslauthd behind LDAP, etc.) hits the exact code path.

Mike
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net