Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 1865-1] sdl-image1.2 security update

On Sat, 2019-07-27 at 18:30 -0300, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> Hi Ben,

> > > Typo: version number is 1.2.12-5+deb8u2, not 1.2.12-5+deb9u2.
> >
> > The proper way to make such a correction is to issue a -2 advisory with
> > the correct information and a note about what changed.
>
> Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. I can't find any information about it in
> our documentation, did I miss something?
>
> (just in case: this is not a regression, just a typo in the advisory)

I don't think it's explicitly documented; I inferred it from these
rules:

1. Corrections should be sent to the same recipients as the original
incorrect information.
2. All messages sent to debian-lts-announce about package updates
should be numbered DLAs.
3. DLAs that are related to prior DLAs should use the same first part
and an incremented second part.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing about average.