Re: jessie-updates gone

On 4/1/19 8:14 PM, Andy Smith wrote:

I do understand that re-adding an empty jessie-updates directory
will silence a lot of warnings from apt update, and thus would avoid
the questions from end users that I have seen in a lot of places,
but… I can't help thinking that although it is bad that these users
were confused, at least they now understand that the level of
support has changed.

-1

Programmers' decision that led thousands of users to ask themselves what was wrong with their apt update was a very bad marketing for Debian.