Re: PHP 5.6 EOD of Life Support and Debian 8 LTS.

Hi Thomas

I do not see that anyone else have answered this so I'll try to do that.

If nothing else is stated the LTS team plan to support all packages regardless of whether upstream have declared it as end of life or not.

Regarding php5 I think it is a must to do so, since transition to php7 is non-trivial.
I guess most sponsors stick to oldstable for this particular reason. If we force the users to upgrade to php7 then they can just as well upgrade to stable anyway.

// Ola