Backports LTS security support

Hello,

I would like to have LTS support for backports. On most systems I use
one or more packages from backports.

When the same version of a package is in use in the next version of
Debian, I guess backporting them is -in most cases- not a big problem.

I am interesting if it would be a good idea to ask maintainers in the
freeze-phase to put the same versions in stable-backports, if the
package is in backports.

Maybe we could say somewhere in the future: LTS supports backports, but
only when the same version of a package is in the next Debian version.
With some exceptions.

Maybe I could do something myself by asking maintainers to update
packages what are in backports, but with another version then in
testing. Good idea?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/