Re: about 500 DLAs missing from the website

Hi Antoinie,

[adding team@s.d.o to CC]

Thanks for working on this.

On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 01:44:10PM -0500, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> On 2018-12-19 18:05:36, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> > The DLAs are visible here:
> >
> > https://www-staging.debian.org/security/2018/dla-1580
> >
> > One thing that's unclear is how the entries get added to the main list
> > in:
> >
> > https://www-staging.debian.org/security/2018/
> >
> > That still needs to be cleared up.
>
> That's actually in the webwml code, I opened a MR to add those:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/merge_requests/50

IMHO they should not be mixed into the same namespace as the DSAs.
https://www.debian.org/security/ is very specific to the
debian-security-announce list and contains items for e.g. contacting
the Debian security team or referecing the respective FAQ.

I think having a dedicated https://www.debian.org/lts/ where those can
be collected and having further information on LTS would be somehow
better.

This will need an adjustment to the tracker side as well so that
sources filed for Debian LTS DLA's will not link to
https://www.debian.org/security/$year/dla-$nr .

If a dedicated subpage is not needed and the only purpose is to link
to a webversion, and the DLA's do not show up in the overall view then
possibly the status quo is still okay.

What do you think?

Regards,
Salvatore