Re: various security issues in VNC related packages

Hi Mike

Please go ahead. I will be off for some time due to a planned surgery so it would be very good if you can fix this.

// Ola

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 08:55, Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
Hi Ola,

On  Mi 30 Okt 2019 21:20:50 CET, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> Hi
>
> I agree that the VNC situation in Debian is sub-optimal. Frankly speaking
> not just in Debian. This popular software has diverged quite a lot with lot
> of packages sharing similar code-base.
>
> I had a brief look at vnc4 as well. It does not seem to share the same code
> base as libvncserver so it should not be affected.
>
> Best regards
>
> // Ola

Ok. Thanks for that.

I claimed tightvnc in dla-needed.txt. As you are the maintainer, let
me know if you want to pick that one up instead (I am happy to include
it in my fix upload series, if not).

My plan is to go over VNC related packages over the next couple of
days and also propose .debdiffs for stretch versions.

Thanks,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |