Re: Training process

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> From what I understand there was a training during July and August,
> resulting in active status this month.
> I saw zero traces of this training&review besides a passing anonymous
> mention in Raphael's reports.
> Possibly we can clarify this a lil' bit? Or did I miss an information
> source?

As far as I am concerned, there's no official training. Internally, we mark
new contributors as "in-training" for the initial period where they start
to contribute on their free time to get familiar with the process.

How each contributor "gets trained" is up to them. Some will read doc and
just get it. Some will work with others that they have already met. Some
will ask questions on this mailing list, etc. But all should handle at
least one or two DLA from start to finish (with sponsors when required).

> This would also help welcome new members, I myself remember a solid
> silence when I joined (while I explicitly introduced my application at
> debian-lts@l.d.o).

I don't remember the context but answering questions to new contributors
is definitely among the things that are allowed and encouranged for paid
contributors.

Maybe your mail didn't look like a question needing an answer?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer