Re: Dovecot Update Fails on Jessie

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 09:52:47AM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>    Hi Roberto,
>

>    thanks, for the quick reply.

I carefully reviewed the additional output you provided.  I also created
a new jessie VM installed deb8u6 versions of dovecot-core,
dovecot-imapd, dovecot-lucene, dovecot-managesieved, and dovecot-sieve
then upgraded to the deb8u7 version.  The stop/start worked correctly
and no errors were printed to the console nor did any appear in the
logs.

It seems most likely that in this case there is a system-specific issue
with either your configuration, runtime environment, etc. that is
causing the unexpcted failure.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Regards,

-Roberto