Re: Request for help/comments: sqlite3

Hi Jonas

I have now looked into this problem to see if I can out something.

What I have done is to backtrack whether the code is ever executed by sqlite and I cannot find that it can be.

rtreenode function is registered using sqlite3_create_function in sqlite3_rtree_init. But I cannot find that the sqlite4_rtree_init function to be called from anywhere.

Based on this I think we can rather safely say that the function is not used in Debian and hence the package is not affected. I think we usually mark it as ignored with a description. An alternative is to mark it as not-affected but I'm not sure whether that should be done in this case since the vulnerability is there, just not triggered. Someone else can maybe help out with that decision.

In addition to that I think we can rather safely mark it as ignored (at least postponed) since should be seen as a minor issue. Such debug functions should not be used in live applications and hence the problem is not that big. SQL permissions in sqlite is not really something you give access to any user, at least that is my interpretation of its general use.

I hope this helps a little.

Best regards

// Ola