Re: [SECURITY] CVE-2019-7443 (kauth) in kdelibs

Hi,

> kdelibs last release was 4.14.35 in August 2017.
>
> kdelibs is no longer maintained.
>
> Qt 4 last release was 4.8.7 in May 2015.
>
> Qt 4 is no longer maintained.
>
> Our suggestion is to stop using any qt4/kdelibs based software and move to
> the future if you're concerned about security and/or want to use maintained
> software.

It is not that we do not try it, to remove Qt4 from Debian. We try since Aug
2017 to reach this goal to remove all qt4/kdelibs software, but still there is
a lot depending on qt4/kdelibs:

https://wiki.debian.org/Qt4Removal

(If you have any notes about status of packages aka dead by upstream - input
is very welcomed).

In next Debian Buster released in some months we still need to ship qt4/
kdelibs.

Regards,

hefee