Re: (when?) do we (still) contact maintainers?

Hello,

Am 07.02.19 um 17:32 schrieb Antoine Beaupré:
[...]
> Am I missing something here? Did we change this practice, or is this an
> oversight?

I have been part of the team for three years now, from my experience
almost all people are very happy when someone else fixes bugs in
oldstable. Most of the time we get either no response at all or someone
tells us to just go ahead. Since we have now the capacity to handle all
those issues all by ourselves, I don't find it no longer necessary to
contact every maintainer beforehand. Instead I decide on a case-by-case
basis. I would rather change the current recommendation and the
do-not-call list to a list of maintainers who want to be contacted first
before we work on their packages or have always prepared updates
themselves (e.g. postresql). This list will be quite short.

Markus