Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 4371-1] apt security update

Hi Steve,

On 22/01/2019 14:50, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 01:44:12PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> However, APT is used during initial installation and we don't have any
>> provision for updating installer images during LTS.  So we're either
>> going to have to revisit that or come up with some kind of workaround
>> for installation time.
>
> I can help with new jessie installation images,

That would be great!

> but it'll need a bit
> of prep work. debian-cd doesn't pull from security or lts by default.

Just to clarify: there is no separate -lts suite anymore, so it'd just need to
pull from security (which still needs changes as you mentioned).

Can you give a pointer to the code where this is done? Perhaps we can help with
the necessary code changes if you would welcome that.

Thanks,
Emilio